The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
A Case Worker is responsible to provide clear information and support to disabled people and carers within the West Midlands area, as part of Lisieux Trust Disability Information Resource Centre.
- As a Lisieux Trust employee there is a responsibility to protect and safeguard vulnerable people (children and adults). Demonstrating an awareness of child and adult protection procedures and who to contact within Lisieux Trust for further guidance.
- To work alongside the Centre Manager and other staff members; including volunteers, in maintaining and developing the information and support service.
- To provide an efficient and friendly reception service, including: - welcoming visitors, clients and employees.
- To manage enquires from clients through the ‘Drop -in' service and through booked appointments.
- To provide clear information and support on a wide range of issues (including calculation, application and processing of Welfare Benefit claims) affecting disabled people and carers.
- To collate, develop and organise information and resources on an active and on-going basis.
- To adapt or modify this information, where appropriate and necessary, into readily accessible formats and reference materials and resources.
- To identify, signpost and/or refer service users to appropriate services and community resources.
- To manage a client caseload as directed. Advocating, liaising and negotiating on behalf of clients, with third parties and professional agencies.
- To maintain accurate, up to date case records and case files and to ensure that Lisieux Trust standards are adhered to i.e. data protection and confidentiality protocols.
- To contribute positively to team working; including volunteers and students to promote effective working relationships with other organisations.
- The Case Worker is to support the Centre Manager to collate necessary reporting statistical and monitoring returns as and when required.
- To report any emergency situation to the Centre Manager and/or Emergency On-Call, in line with Lisieux Trust Policies and Procedures.
- Case Workers must undertake prescribed mandatory and supplementary training; as directed by the Centre Manager.
Please click apply to visit our website.