Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Location: Home Based - England
Salary: £30,000 depending on experience and qualifactions plus overtime.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join Guyson International where you will be based within the Midlands.
Who are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate you will have experience in electrical, mechanical and pneumatics and hold an Electrical City & Guilds 2365 level 2 & 3 or equivalent qualification. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to read and understand engineering drawings along with electrical drawings, to aid in fault finding and functionality.
Additional skills and experience include:
• PLC & HMI programming essential
• Refrigeration handling (City & Guilds 2019 or CITB J11-14; or an equivalent European qualification)
• Pipework brazing experience would be an advantage
• Robotics programming skills would be an advantage
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, ability to work alone and as part of a team
About the role
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, as Field Service Engineer you will commission and undertake preventative maintenance, service, repair for all types of Company machines covering a very wide range of applications and will also provide training to our customers.
You will be home based to cover the Midlands area of England, however extensive travel throughout the UK and overseas will be required, thus flexibility in working hours is expected.
Basic working hours will be 37.5 per week
This position will be subject to a 3 month trial period.
You duties will include:
• To carryout commissioning / installation / servicing and repairs to all Company products
• To train the customers' production and maintenance teams, both in operation of the machines to achieve their particular application, also in planned maintenance and basic trouble shooting
• To provide product improvement and new machine sales opportunity feedback
• To communicate effectively with your colleagues in field service planning, commercial and engineering departments
• To be able to deal confidently and professionally with customer personnel on site
• To report accurately and on a timely basis on all service visits, with accountability for van stocks of components and spare parts
• To account accurately and on a timely basis for expenses incurred
What's in it for you?
As an employer of choice, we are able to offer an excellent rate of pay and benefits package, which includes, pension, fully expensed service van, mobile phone, laptop, iPad and more. You will also be provided with full on the job product training.