Polymer Chemist (Materials Science/ Product development)
Polymer Chemist (Materials Science/ Product development ) 20-26k
As a polymer chemist for a leading organisation you will apply your technical knowledge to assist product and business managers to assist in the technical support of polymer products to clients. With a background in science and an understanding of the products, you will be working with R&D and production on new product developments for long term development work within the Polymer Development team. As a chemist with polymers experience you will work with new and modified products, and provide technical support to the businesses and their customers in the areas within the job holder's expertise.
Full training given could suit a graduate with some experience in the lab.
- To manage and execute long and short term development activities to the plan for the Polymer Development Department.
- To develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications, to bring them to market speedily and effectively.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To ensure good communication with and appropriate involvement of other R&D functions, such as the Application Development and Technical Service teams, as well as the commercial teams. This includes using the R&D job request systems, ensuring appropriate reporting in line with the R&D ISO9000 manual and participating in or leading global cross-functional technology teams as and when required.
- To liaise with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance to resolve production and quality issues.
- To be responsible for the provision of formulations and aid in the scaling up of new products.
- To liaise with customers, suppliers, trade associations etc., to maintain knowledge and understanding of the field and to represent the company technically.
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested to meet team and business objectives.
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification (Chemistry / Materials).
- Experience of working in a R&D environment.
- Experience of working in the manufacturing (preferably chemical) industry.
- Strong technical background and knowledge.
- Knowledge of polymers or adhesives desirable
- PC and internet proficient, with advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson AB/J3216 on , / or apply to