Global Price and Reimbursement Director
Senior Pricing and Market Access Role in AstraZeneca
Job Title: Global Price and Reimbursement Director (GPRD)
Division: Oncology Business Unit
Salary: Very competitive with excellent benefits.
Location: Cambridge (UK).
The purpose of this role is to help enable patient access to AstraZeneca's innovative oncology small molecule portfolio and to support its successful global commercialisation. The GPRD remit is to ensure that the payer perspective is brought into the commercial brand and development strategies. For launch brands the GPRD is responsible for brand pricing, market access strategy and global support for country national reimbursement negotiations. For countries where patients are the payer the focus is on patient affordability programmes
You will work directly with Health Economists, and reimbursement agencies, global cross functional and country teams and senior management. You will lead advisory boards and payer market research, the price and reimbursement input into forecasting and business investment and commercialisation decisions. You will ensure that clinical programs meet payer needs through the right clinical trial and observational evidence.
You will serve on both the Global Project and Brand Teams, as well as lead the Global Payer Team, developing close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues in; commercial, research & development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Government Affairs, MCs, as well as the Global Payer Evidence and Pricing team.
- Global Price and Market Access Strategy
- Global Price Policy and its strategic implementation
- Matrix manage a cross functional team to support the development of payer strategy and evidence including payer statistical analyses, patient reported outcomes, health economics and real world evidence.
- Revise as needed pricing & market access strategies, value stories, and evidence plans to optimize the value of life cycle management opportunities.
- Drive the required payer insights, research, and scientific advice to ensure robust and validated price & reimbursement strategies.
- Develop price and market access inputs into forecasts and business cases and ensure assumptions are aligned across the brand portfolio to give a robust forecast.
- Ensure target product profiles and target claims can meet payer needs and necessary supporting evidence is developed.
- Advocate and champion the need for scientifically sound trial and non-trial data (including RWE, HE modelling, meta-analyses, Observational studies, and PRO approaches).
- Graduate/College degree in biomedical science, business, or economics.
- Prior Oncology Therapy Area expertise is essential, including Oncology launch experience.
- Relevant Drug Development and/or Commercialization experience within the pharmaceutical/medical industry.
- Knowledge of the needs and expectations of national and regional payers, insurers, and commercial customers in our strategic markets.
- Several years of previous project leadership experience in the generation of payer evidence or development/execution of payer commercial strategies (e.g. Health Economics, Market Access, Pricing).
- Ability to make reasoned decisions under pressure
- Ability to take people with you and bring the best out of others
- Excellence and precision in communication: credible and persuasive
- Experience working with clinicians, pharmacists and payers on evidence based customer solutions, e.g. through working with local payers in EU or commercial customers in the US.
- Experience in a commercial strategy function, e.g. managed markets brand director, business development director, head of pricing/access.
- Experience constructing payer value stories and incorporating these into TPCs and development programs.
- Experience in country or regional pharmaceutical role
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now to join us and help us turn ideas into life-changing medicines.
Applications Open: 19th July 2017
Applications Close: 25th August 2017