Lab Support, Scale up Lab
2 days left
- Full Time
When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: Support of large molecule Scale Up lab activities, including working with cell lines, experiment protocol execution, Media and buffer preparation, lab ware processing, and equipment standardization support. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function. Strong communication skills are also required.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOPs & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to safety requirements
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Experience in laboratory services and in GXP environment
- Stock and maintain inventory for consumables, and equipment components.
- Cross site record retention and archiving for all assets. Perform complex calculations based on Molarity, percent by volume, dilutions, ppm, and ppb
- Prepare high quality specialized solutions, including buffers, reagents, and cell culture media
- Perform specific tasks associated with media prep, including but not limited to pH titration, osmolality adjustment, sterile filtration techniques, and aliquots
- Verification, calibration, and use of common and specialized lab equipment including, but not limited to magnetic mixer, hot plate, micropipettors, autoclave, balances, laminar flow and fume hoods, pH and conductivity meters, osmometers, Blood Gas Analyzers, vacuum filtration, peristaltic pumps, and Nitrogen gas lines
- Verification of peer calculations, technical documentation, equipment log books, and approval of completed documents
- HTST and CIP operations
- Technical writing of media prep documents using Electronic Laboratory Notebooks. May use electronic document database to author, route, and review technical documents
- Perform equipment verifications and calibrations following customer and manufacturers protocols
- May track lab equipment information including calibration schedules, open work orders, and equipment status using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CCMS)
- Promote a safe work environment through various safety initiatives within functional area
- May engage in training activities with new-hires when working in conjunction with a Site Supervisor
- May prepare media for shipment for off-site use, including classifying media hazard category and providing required SDS
- Use of autoclaves for sterilization of bioreactors and related materials
- Setup and assembly of transfer carts/panels, SIP, media/buffer transfer
- Utilization of Good Documentation Practices in all record keeping
- Maintaining metric data for work performed
- Monitoring of temperature controlled environments, including excursion respones
- Perform basic cell culture operations, including sampling, passaging, and vial thaws
- Must possess an Associates degree in a related field. Bachelors degree is preferred
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 1-3 years of progressive relevant experience required
- Experience in a GXP work setting preferred
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.