Event Safety Steward
SHOWSEC are looking for EVENT SAFETY STEWARDS to work in Coventry's RICOH ARENA.
As well as being the home to Aviva Premiership rugby club Wasps and League One football club Coventry City, the arena also hosts many other events including concerts.
A steward plays a crucial role in helping to ensure that the event experience is a memorable one for all visitors to the venue. Safety and security are of paramount importance in dealing with the public, but so too is providing a high level of customer service. The nature of the work means that the work available would be predominantly at weekends and in the evenings, but the role offers good rates of pay. There will also be the opportunity to work on events in surrounding areas.
What can Showsec offer you?
- A great earning potential
- Full training given to fulfil duties to a high standard
- Chance to work at large events & festivals across the U.K
- Flexible working patterns- build your job to fit around you
- Access to industry leading training
- Great staff progression opportunities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a high standard of customer care
- To be familiar with the layout of the site/venue and the available facilities including first aid, toilet, water to assist the public with relevant information
- To attend pre-event briefings, ensuring familiar with arrangements for evacuating the audience, including coded messages
- Carry out pre-event checks
- To ensure an even flow of people entering the venue/event
- To monitor crowds for signs of overcrowding
- Investigating any disturbances or incidents
- To respond to emergencies - by raising the alarm and providing necessary and appropriate immediate help and assisting the emergency services as required?
What do we need from you?
- NVQ in spectator safety is desirable, but not essential
- You must have the right to work in the U.K. (checks will be made)
- You must speak English clearly and possess both excellent written and communication skills
- You have a customer friendly approach
APPLY NOW to become a part of our team in 2017.
Due to the nature of the work our casual workforce undertake and the times and working hours when our clients require our services, we are unable to consider any applicants under the age of 18 years.
This is due to the special laws which are in place to protect young workers and the subsequent restrictions on times and hours such workers are able to work.