Business Operations Specialist
Title: Business Operations Specialist
Location: Cambridge, UK & Gaithersburg, USA
At MedImmune, relentless pursuit is matched with exceptional capabilities to break new ground in science. We have one of the most robust pipelines in the industry, and it's because of our people. We're entrepreneurial and deeply collaborative - a winning combination that's delivering life-changing medicines to patients. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives thrive when making brave decisions - join us.
The External Expert Engagement specialist provides subject matter expertise and support across the global AstraZeneca Science Units, MedImmune and GPPS/GMA for activities involving scientific and medically qualified External Experts. The role interfaces with Business Engagement Owners, Project Managers, Budget Holders, Global Conferencing and Events, Global Transparency, Compliance, external Medical Communications Agencies, and other relevant parties involved with engagements of External Experts. Types of engagements are consultancy, virtual and F2F advisory board meetings, symposia, speaker engagements and steering committee meetings, delivered across global locations both internally and externally to AstraZeneca/MedImmune.
The External Expert Engagement specialist is a highly motivated, customer-focused pivotal role that delivers a single point of contact for the business and External Expert to ensure contracting compliance through the contract to pay process.
The External Expert Engagement specialist engages with the Business Engagement Owners to deliver their contracting needs and requirements in alignment with business objectives, and in adherence to Legal, Compliance and contracting conditions. The role requires a full understanding of the scope of the activity in relation to engaging with External Experts, contracting and payment requirements, impact on the business in terms of Compliance and Transparency reporting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proactive and consultative customer service, having the ability to identify customer needs and respond creatively, listening to information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge and determining solutions
- Able to manage multiple priorities and adjust workload as business needs require.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and capacity to problem solve, anticipating, initiating and resolving internal and external stakeholder issues
- Able to influence without authority
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others.
- Pharma/biotechnology or related industry experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of global transparency reporting requirements.
- Strong technical / systems experience and skills
- Project management experience
Opening date: 18th July 2017
Closing date: 21st August 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.