Cell Culture and Bioreactor Process Development Scientist
Title: Cell Culture and Bioreactor Process Development Scientist (Sci I)
Location: Cambridge, UK
At MedImmune, relentless pursuit is matched with exceptional capabilities to break new ground in science. We have one of the most robust pipelines in the industry, and it's because of our people. We're entrepreneurial and deeply collaborative - a winning combination that's delivering life-changing medicines to patients. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives thrive when making brave decisions - join us.
Medimmune in Cambridge are looking to recruit a Cell culture and Bioreactor Process development scientist to join the team. In this role, you will work as part of a team and responsible for development of high-yielding mammalian cell culture and bioreactor processes suitable for clinical manufacturing and supply of products to support clinical trials of MedImmune portfolio products. You will play an important role in supporting the different activities of the team for ongoing and new candidate drug projects.
You will also support pipeline projects: Design and perform cell culture and bioreactor experiments to enable process definition. In addition, you will analyse data, write reports and facilitate technology transfer to GMP production. Additionally, you will Improve cell culture and bioreactor processes: Identify, develop and implement innovations to cell culture and bioreactor processes through evaluating new technology or making process improvements. Present work to colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- Educated to degree level in biological sciences or chemical/biochemical engineering field with relevant practical laboratory experience or PhD in biological sciences or chemical/biochemical engineering field
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and protein expression in an industrial or academic environment (CHO cell culture preferred).
- Experience with bioreactor systems for mammalian suspension cell culture (micro-scale to bench scale).
- Knowledge of media and process development, cell metabolism/biochemistry and /or biochemical engineering.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to demonstrate the following behavioral
- Initiative, proactive, good communicator, team player and excellent scientific methodology.
- High level of attention to detail
- Interest in continuous improvement and high level of curiosity
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
Opening Date: 30th June 2017
Closing Date: 31st August 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.