Research Scientist - Assay Sciences
Following the success of our series A financing, we are now looking to recruit a Research Scientist to work in our Assay Sciences team. This new role is at the core of Storm's ongoing target validation and drug discovery programmes. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the development and application of our novel RNA epigenetics platform.
The primary focus of the new role will be to develop and validate biochemical assays for novel RNA-modifying enzymes, working closely with mass spectrometrists to optimise substrates and identify reaction products. In addition, you will be involved in integrating newly validated assays into our assay platform and support compound testing for small molecule drug discovery projects. You may also get involved in developing and running cell-based assays such as reporter gene assays, cell viability and proliferation assays.
STORM Therapeutics offers an industry competitive salary and benefits package. STORM is backed by blue chip investors Cambridge Innovation Capital, Merck Ventures, Pfizer Ventures and Touchstone Innovations, who share the founders' ambitions to build a world-leading company in the field. The company occupies modern, well-equipped laboratories on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge.
- Qualifications and experience required:
- BA/BSc or equivalent in Biology,
- Biochemistry or another relevant Biological Science discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years' laboratory experience is essential
- Experience of running and developing plate-based assays essential (eg enzyme assays, ELISA, etc)
- Experience of using automated liquid handling and/or data handling software is desirable (such as Dotmatics Studies or IDBS ActivityBase)
- Experience in working with RNA would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills and a systematic and rigorous approach to work.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive and flexible approach to often changing situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part a multidisciplinary team
- Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK.
To apply please send a CV including cover letter to: