Senior Supervising Social Worker
A 'family feel' and well regarded fostering provider are looking for a Senior Supervising Social Worker (experience dependent) to join their fostering service and support carers across the Dudley / Wolverhampton / Halesowen and surrounding regions.
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- A DipSW or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Prior fostering social work experience, either from an IFA or Local Authority (essential)
- A car owner / driver and be required to travel as required.
Some flexible working may be needed in order to attend emergencies or to participate in the duty rota.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established IFA in a home based autonomous role.
Salary is GBP36,000 (experience dependent), with additional benefits, including a company car (if required), mileage and private healthcare.
For further information, a job description and a confidential chat around the role, please contact Harriet Connolly in confidence on / /
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: with a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.