I am currently recruiting for a Veterinary Advisor to join one of my animal health clients for an initial 4 month contract. My client is offering a competitive rate based on experience.
Reporting to the Head Office Technical Manager responsible for management of the technical product support team. This role has responsibility for providing technical advice to veterinary practices and pet owners who call the technical support line. Calls are first taken by a team of veterinary nurses but any queries that cannot be managed by that team alone are sent through to the Vet Advisor on call to manage. This role is home based and expected to be three days a week - 2 days on call, 1 day to allow follow up of cases and support the training and development of the vet nurse team. Although the role will be set days each week, some flexibility to support holiday cover etc. is appreciated
- Responsibility for UK Technical expertise for cases coming through to the Technical Product Support team while on call. Ensuring a high level of technical information is provided to customers and their clients.
- Remain compliant with procedures and policies when managing cases
- Report any difficult cases to the Head Office Technical Manager and work with them to manage these cases effectively.
- Work alongside the Pharmacovigilance and regulatory team to ensure that cases are reported correctly to meet legal reporting requirements.
- Ensure the sales team member responsible for a practice are informed of any cases that may require ongoing support at practice level so they can follow up where necessary.
- Identify any training and support requirements that the technical product support team may have as a result of calls coming in.
- Build and develop constructive relationships with team colleagues, across the business in the UK including but not limited to Technical Team, Sales & Marketing team and TPS
- Remain compliant with the NOAH code of conduct when managing cases.
- In discussion with the Technical Manager responsible for Technical Product Support, attendance at TPS meetings may be required.
- A UK-recognised veterinary degree and MRCVS
- Minimum 3 years of working within UK Companion Animal Practice
- Ability to review and critique technical papers and information
- The ability to communicate technical information in a relevant, effective and engaging format
- Outstanding communication skills - verbal and written - fluency in English a requirement.
- Good time management, project management and organisational skills
- Ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively at various levels, both within and outside of the Company.
- Resourceful with an empathetic and calm manner.
- A veterinary or other post-graduation qualification in relevant area.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical sales function
- Commercial acumen including good understanding of industry-relevant financial data
- Network of Key Opinion Leader relationships
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria then please send me your updated CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP