Salary: £17,255 per annum following successful completion of 6 months probationary period
37.5 hours per week
Our client works in the community with vulnerable and excluded people from a diverse range of backgrounds providing support through a variety of high-quality housing, support and advice services. To assist residents and service users they provide tailored support programmes, based on an individuals' need, which enables residents to improve their quality of life and live independently.
The Association is a not for profit organisation; all surpluses generated are reinvested into key areas of their work.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker within their young persons' project in Oadby.
The primary purpose of this post is to provide accommodation based housing related support to young people, aged 16-18.
The post holder is responsible for developing and delivering a person centred support package that is tailor made to suit the needs of each individual accessing the service. The support should assist service users in developing the skills required to maintain independent living and either move on into permanent housing.
The key knowledge, skills and behaviours required for this role are:
- Min. 1 year of delivering support
- Knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable groups at risk of or socially excluded
- Ability to assess housing and support needs as part of a multi- agency process and to identify and break down barriers to housing for service users
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Plans and prioritises effectively. Good time management and organisational skills.
- Flexible, approachable, positive and enthusiastic
- Focussed on actions and achieving outcomes
If you are the kind of person who can relate to the organisation's values and can help others to help themselves, you'll gain a great deal from this role. In return, you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
Closing date: 9 am, Friday 25th August 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an assessment centre on Tuesday 5th September 2017
How to apply:
Please click the apply button and follow the instructions
Important: In order to be considered for this role please include within the first page of your CV a detailed covering letter giving details of how you meet the role criteria.
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly