Lecturer- Health & Social Care Foundation, Care & Leisure Services- Ci
Lecturer - Health and Social Care
Foundation, Care and Leisure Services
Responsible to: Head of Faculty/Curriculum Manager
Grade of post: Lecturer (GBP19,215 - GBP36,748) p/a
subject to Teaching qualification, skills and experience
Hours of work: As per Contracted hours
Work location: You will be based at one of the main sites but maybe required to work across all campus sites
To deliver excellent learning experiences and opportunities for our students over a range of programmes on our premises or as requested by the Employer.
To lead on the recruitment, retention and achievement of students and contribute towards the pastoral care of students.
To contribute to the added value via enrichment activities.
- To be prepared for every lesson and ensure planning is visible in every lesson (5 minute planner)
- To enforce the student code of conduct, set expectations and challenge appropriately
- To ensure that the register is accurately marked during each taught session
- To provide good quality learning resources to meet individual needs, ensure they are available in class and on the College VLE
- To ensure that a fully completed scheme of work in place prior to the start of the course and is available on the College VLE
- To ensure that a full lesson plan is available when required for lesson observations
- To ensure that you start each class on time
- To inform the Head of Faculty/Curriculum Manager if students are released from class for independent study and ensure that the guided learning outside the classroom is structured and meaningful
- To be respectful to all learners and staff taking into account the awareness of protected characteristics
- To support students to develop their literacy, numeracy, language and ICT skills where appropriate
- To support students in developing their personal, social and employability skills, where appropriate
- To ensure that opportunities to highlight equality, diversity and personal safety are encouraged in class
- To work within the Lesson Observation scheme and aim to deliver good or better teaching at all times. If my teaching is assessed as 'requires improvement', I will take responsibility for my own post observation action plan towards "good or better" teaching within a specific time frame, and with the support of the College
- To use ProMonitor/Markbook to set and monitor targets and record assessment for all learners
- To set work regularly and mark all assessments in a timely manner to ensure that students receive feedback as soon as possible. Marked work will be returned within 10 working days except for HE programmes which are 15 days.
- To give all learners oral and written feedback they can understand that will develop their skills and performance
- To complete administrative and assessment tasks in the prescribed timescale and with integrity
- To keep up to date with subject specialisms, awarding body requirements and act upon changes with support from the College.
- To work as an active part of a team(s) ensuring quality is maintained through engaging with the programme review process
- To provide appropriate subject specific/academic support and refer students to other specialist support/guidance where a need is identified
- To report safeguarding incidents to the designated lead or school safeguarding champion as appropriate
- To ensure the safety of learners at all time and ensure that all your learners use safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided for specific tasks or working area
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- To take part in Open Day marketing and recruitment activities
- To develop the curriculum plan for the School or Faculty
- To fully participate in College's Performance Management Scheme
- To undertake Professional Development as and when required
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required within the grade and level of the post
- To take on responsibility for personal and /or programme tutorship as appropriate (see separate role specification)
- To take on responsibility for internal verification as required (see separate role specification)
The College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of learners and expects all who work with or on behalf of the College to share this commitment. All roles within the College therefore are subject to DBS regulations.
The College considers that the job holder for this role should have a DBS Enhanced CHILD disclosure.