Female Support Worker - Daventry
BS Social Care is recruiting for a large disability and community engagement charity. This charity delivers disability services, community projects, education and training resources that promote inclusion and wellbeing.
We are looking for a female support worker to support a young lady with mild learning disabilities and epilepsy within her own home.
The main purpose of this role is to work to the highest standards of professional support to enable the service user to maximise her quality of life and live as independently as possible within the community.
We are looking for someone who is able to support this lady to develop her independent living skills and someone who responds to her needs within her specified Person Centred Plan.
Other main duties include;
- Supporting and assisting with medication routines to ensure she has the right medication administered
- Managing finances
- Assist the service user with personal shopping and menu planning, preparing and serving meals, ensuring that any food provided meets the service users nutritional needs
- Establish and maintain a friendly, informative and professional relationship with the family, carers and other professionals
- Support the service with daily routines set out by a daily/weekly planner
- Supervise with household tasks such as washing, cleaning and ironing
The ideal candidate will ideally hold a Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care and have previous experience working with learning disabilities and/or epilepsy. You will need to be a driver and have access to a car during working hours. You must also be able to use a computer and have good communication skills both written and verbal.
Personality wise... we are looking for someone who is bubbly, confident and enjoys engaging with people.
This is a permanent position offering 25 hours a week. The hours/days you will be working is discussed at interview stage. You must be prepared to work some unsociable hours including weekends, nights and public holidays on a rota system.
The charity is offering a salary between £8 per hour to £8.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
This is a very rewarding role. You will get to work for a large, well established charity and really make a difference to someone`s quality of life. You will be offered annual leave entitlement, further training if required and a contribution towards pension scheme.
For more information or to apply, please call Danielle on 01604 631797 click apply to proceed with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Female Support Worker - Daventry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly