New opportunity not to be missed! DCS Group have an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Assistant to join the team based at our Stratford-upon-Avon site. The successful Technical Assistant will receive a competitive salary of £16,000 per annum.
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit a Technical Assistant.
The role will be in the DCS Manufacturing Division where we provide a one stop shop from concept to delivery. At DCS Manufacturing we fly the flag for - promoting ‘MADE IN ENGLAND’ products. We are passionate about creating and developing exceptional and affordable products in Bath & Shower, Hair Care, Skin Care, Male Grooming and Pet Care.
The Technical Assistant Role:
To support the Technical Team in three separate sections of Development Chemistry, Microbiology and Regulatory Compliance.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities as our Technical Assistant include:
- Initiate the setting up, monitoring and recording of stability and compatibility records
- Pack off products for trials, consumer tests and customers
- Ensures high standards of GLP, making sure it remains a clean, safe and efficient environment
- Ensure that the laboratory is maintained in a clean and tidy condition
- To carry out development testing in accordance with GLP and ensure full and accurate records are prepared and retained
- Product Development - to work with the Development Team to assist in the day to day operations in the laboratory and receive training in the development of cosmetics and toiletries
- Routine Microbiology TVC testing
- Assisting with Environmental Monitoring program
- Technical administration tasks
- Assisting with PIF’s
- Raw Material paperwork reviews
- Understand and follow SOPs and work instructions
- At the request of the Technical Manager carry out any other work as directed
Essential skills and experience needed to become our Technical Assistant:
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Mathematics, English and Chemistry/Biology qualification to a minimum of GCSE level
- Basic Computer literacy skills with a working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Laboratory experience desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Enthusiastic to learn
- Takes direction well, and applies own initiative
- Methodical mind and attention to detail
- Good analysis and numerical skills
- Prioritising and time management ability
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to liaise effectively with a variety of internal and external networks
- Team Player
- Self-motivation and the ability to be flexible to change
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our new Technical Assistant then please click “Apply” today!
Apply for Technical Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly